Herbal Hill Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Herbal Hill Ltd (HHL) is a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number, 08537838, whose registered office is at Unit 1, First Floor, 146-148 Granville Industrial Estate, Granville Road, London, NW2 2LD. Our registered VAT number is 164 1549 10.
Our premises is located in 8 Herbal Hill, Farringdon, London, EC1R 5EJ
HOW WE GET INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
Generally, we will collect your personal details when you interact with us, either through email communication, telephone communication or by filling in our online forms. We may collect and process the following data about you as follows:
You may give us information about you by completing forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. The information you give us may include (but is not limited to) your name, title, date of birth, address, email address, phone number or other contact information, username, password, and the records and contents of any correspondence and communications you have with us or any feedback which you leave for us.
We may collect your data from providers of background checks as this is a necessary condition of our Right to Rent checks.
CCTV while you are on our premises, this being the head office or the premises based in Farringdon.
When using, collecting and disclosing personal data, we follow the core data protection Principles underlying the Data Protection Legislation. We have policies, procedures and records to demonstrate compliance with the Principles. Please contact us for further information on these policies, procedures and records. We can be contacted on email@example.com or we can be contacted at the head office on 0208 731 0620.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HAVE ABOUT YOU?
The personal data we collect from you may include (but is not limited to):
- Passport/Photo ID
- National Insurance
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Mobile Number
- Date of Birth
- Room preference
- University Name
- University Course
- Guarantor Details
Please note; when you are nominating someone as a guarantor or an emergency contact number, it is vital that before disclosing their personal information you have their consent.
HOW WE WILL USE INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
- To contact you;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services which you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services that we offer.
- To assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the website (including, without limitation, via third parties);
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To verify your identity;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud;
- To provide customer support;
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
Upon entering into agreement with us, we will have on file, your personal details such as your Passport, Bank Statements, Telephone Numbers, Email Addresses, Previous Address and References which we require to process your Agreement and carry out Right to Rent Checks.
As required for our company financial purposes, we will keep the above documents for a term of your tenancy agreement plus an additional 12 months, after which we will archive and permanently delete. However, we may keep your tenancy agreement for a period of 6 years as we would require this information for financial reasons. We will not keep your personal information, such as your bank statements, passports, ID documents, National Insurance numbers once the term end of agreement plus additional 12 months has expired.
Once your agreement has come to an end, we will ask for your bank details, which may include (but is not limited) your full name, the beneficiary address, the bank name, the bank address, the account number, the sort code, the IBAN number and the SWIFT Code. We require this information to release the deposit we hold for you during the term of your tenancy with us.
Once the deposit has been released and the confirmation has been sent to us by yourself, we will delete this information from our system. We will not store this information in our records or emails.
In addition to the purposes listed above, we will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver advertising to you and others (including via selected third parties);
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them (including via selected third parties).
We may use and process your personal data as necessary to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
How we will use information about you we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out. As legal compliances go we are required to do frequent Right to Rent checks. We use other sources to obtain information about yourself to ensure that we have done all the legal checks as necessary.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. It is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser or stored as a temporary object in your web browser for the time of that connection.
This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. During the online registration process, we allocate cookies during the registration process for our services.
These cookies will hold information collected during your registration and will allow us to recognise you as a web visitor and provide you with the services you require. The type of cookie that we use is known as a ‘session-based’ cookie and is allocated to your computer only for the duration of your visit to our website.
The second type of cookie is known as a ‘persistent’ cookie. These cookies will remain on your computer for a period set for each cookie.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
Who do we share your information with:
We may share your information with selected third parties including but not limited to:
- Professional advisors including our lawyers, auditors, insurers and bankers
- Repair and maintenance contractors who assist us with the maintenance of the residence during your stay with us.
- Contractors include, but is not limited to boiler repairs, heating repairs, emergency leak repairs
- Local Council for the purposes of council tax
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We currently store your information on a secure system which is password protected and only accessible by authorised personnel. We train our staff members to ensure that all data is stored effectively and efficiently.
Your information will be held for at least six years for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes and thereafter archived permanently and deleted.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information and for its use for marketing purposes. You have the right to withdraw consent for us to process your information at any time.
You have the right to withdraw consent for us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes. This will result in us ceasing to offer the goods and services to you.
If you no longer wish to be contacted by third parties for marketing purposes, please follow the instructions in their marketing communications, or consult their privacy policies about how to unsubscribe from their communications.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have rights to the following information:
- The purpose(s) for which we are processing your information;
- The categories of personal information we hold about you;
- The recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
- The period for which we will store your information; or the criteria used to determine that period
You have the following additional rights:
- To a copy of the information we hold about you. You can ask us to send this to you or direct to a third party and in commonly used electronic form;
- To rectify or restrict of the way in which we are processing your information; or to object to us processing it;
- To erasure of your personal information provided it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected; or where there is no legal basis for Herbal Hill Ltd processing it.
- To ask us whether any decisions are being taken about you by automated means and if this is happening; information about the logic involved and any significant consequences on you;
- To ask us about the appropriate safeguards we are take if we transfer your information to a third country or international organisation.
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer, Herbal Hill Ltd Limited, Unit 1, First Floor, 146-148 Granville Industrial Estate, Granville Road, London, NW2 2LD or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs.
RECTIFYING OR UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You must ensure that any information you provide to us is correct and complete. You can ask us to rectify or update your personal information at any time by email to email@example.com, or by writing to: The Data Protection Officer, Unit 1, First Floor, 146-148 Granville Industrial Estate, Granville Road, London, NW2 2LD